YHROCU Protect team give free awareness and education training to a variety of audiences such as SME's, charities and academia.
Meet the protect team working to keep you safe online both at home and at work. The team have over 30 years’ experience in law enforcement as well as an employee working towards a computer security and forensics degree.
- DS Shelton Newsham - Protect and Prevent Regional Lead
- DC Dean Russell - Protect Regional Co-Ordinator
- Elly Stirling - Protect Officer
Cybercrime is an ever increasing threat within the UK. The cost of cybercrime is estimated to be costing the UK economy billions of pounds per year, and the costs to individuals and businesses are often staggering.
The regional cyber crime protect team engages with businesses, academia and communities across the Yorkshire and Humberside region.
The majority of cybercrime is preventable by taking basic cyber security measures. Here in Yorkshire and Humber we want to protect our communities and businesses from becoming victims by giving free cyber security awareness and mitagation training. Our team can attend at your place of work to give awareness training. Some of the training available by the team is listed below.
AWARENESS TRAINING PACKAGES
- Awareness training covering current threats and mitigation including a baseline vulnerability check, policy and procedure input to ensure you can get your organisation running again following a cyber incident
Staff End User
- Awareness training covering current threats and mitigation affecting end users in the workplace. How to keep yourself and your business safe online.
- Awareness training covering current threats and mitigation for the individual on a personal level keeping themselves and their families safe online.
We provide free specific packages covering Social Engineering, Ransomware (Malware) and Phishing if your organisation has been victim of a specific cyber attack. We can offer specific awareness training to mitigate against the threat.
PRESENTATIONS / PUBLIC SPEAKING
Our protect message is in line with the current guidelines from the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). The team are all trained in public speaking and can speak at a variety of events.
- Customer Events
- Medium / Large Conferences
- Breakfast Clubs
Specific tailored presentations in line with your business needs. We use Prezi software for our presentations so they can be shared and distributed for further insight.
There are a wealth of free resources available online aimed at keeping you safe online at home and at work. We can signpost organisations and individuals to the correct resources to ensure you get the support you require.
OUR PREZI PACKAGES
The below links will direct you to an external webpage on prezi.com to view our latest Cybercrime Prevention advice:
Our PREZI packages are best viewed with an internet connection of at least 2MBps and the latest versions of Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. They can also be viewed via the PREZI Viewer Mobile App on Android: KitKat OS or newer and iOS: iOS 9 or newer.
Please allow time for the packages to load fully before starting to view.
You, or your organisation, may need to allow/white list access to prezi.com.
If you would like to arrange for the team to visit your organisation for staff awareness training please contact the team via email at - [email protected]